Kobus Marais, Reine Meylaerts and Maud Gonne are organisng a conference on ‘The Complexity of Social-Cultural Emergence: Biosemiotics, Semiotics and Translation Studies’, to be celebrated on 26-28 August 2021 at the KU Leuven. The call for abstracts is open until 01 December 2020.
For more informacion read the full call here.
- Kobus Marais (University of the Free State)
- Reine Meylaerts (KU Leuven)
- Maud Gonne (UNamur/ UCLouvain)
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Biosemiotics: Terrence Deacon (University of California, Berkeley)
- Semiotics: Frederik Stjernfelt (Aalborg University, Copenhagen)
- Translation studies: Michael Cronin (Trinity College Dublin)
- Submission of abstracts: 1 December 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 1 February 2021
- Registration opens: 1 March 2021
- Registration closes: 15 July 2021
Please e-mail enquiries and abstracts of around 300 words to one of the following addresses: