Call for Abstracts: Conference ‘The Complexity of Social-Cultural Emergence: Biosemiotics, Semiotics and Translation Studies’ – KU Leuven (Belgium), 26-28 August 2021
Kobus Marais, Reine Meylaerts and Maud Gonne are organising a conference on ‘The Complexity of Social-Cultural Emergence: Biosemiotics, Semiotics and Translation Studies’, to be celebrated on 26-28 August 2021 at the KU Leuven. The call for abstracts is open until 01 December 2020.
For more information read the full call here.
● Kobus Marais (University of the Free State)
● Reine Meylaerts (KU Leuven)
● Maud Gonne (UNamur/ UCLouvain)
Confirmed keynote speakers:
● Biosemiotics: Terrence Deacon (University of California, Berkeley)
● Semiotics: Frederik Stjernfelt (Aalborg University, Copenhagen)
● Translation studies: Michael Cronin (Trinity College Dublin)
● Submission of abstracts: 1 December 2020
● Notification of acceptance: 1 February 2021
● Registration opens: 1 March 2021
● Registration closes: 15 July 2021
Please e-mail enquiries and abstracts of around 300 words to one of the following addresses: